Detroit Kick Off 2013
CELEBRATE INDUSTRY EXCELLENCE, MEET THE NEXT GENERATION DESIGNERS AND SEE THEIR CONCEPTS, AT THE MAIN EVENT, KICKING OFF NAIAS PREVIEW WEEK
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan – December 14, 2012 — The Executive Committee of the MAIN Event (below) announce their 2013 industry executive honors: ‘Global Industry Executive of the Year’ to Elon Musk, CEO / Head of Product Design at Tesla Motors, as well as CEO / Chief Designer of SpaceX, and ‘Industry Innovator of the Year’ to Moray Callum, Executive Director of Americas Design, Ford Motor Company. Both awards will be presented at their ‘celebration of industry excellence’ on January 13 at Orchestra Hall – Max M. Fisher Music Center, kicking off preview week of the North American International Auto Show.
MAIN Event executives will also present the ‘Next Generation of Design Innovation’ award to one of four creative nominees, all current senior designers at Lawrence Technological University. “We’re grateful for enthusiastic industry support for our unique event,” said Keith Nagara, executive committee chairman, “Our celebration recognizes not only established industry executive excellence, but also rewards the creative young minds who will inspire our industry’s future direction.” Previous industry executive honorees have included Bob Lutz, former Vice-Chairman of General Motors, and Peter Horbury, Senior Vice President, Volvo.
In addition to insightful presentations from OEM and industry leaders, guests will enjoy the MAIN Event’s annual fashion show, in conjunction with Detroit Fashion Week. They will also have the opportunity to meet and mingle with global industry executives who have lead our industry to our current cycle of dynamic growth.
The MAIN Event executive committee is grateful for the support of its primary sponsors, including the Ford Motor Company, Inteva Products, Dassault Systemes, Quicken Loans and Lawrence Technological University:
- Keith Nagara, Director of Transportation Design – Lawrence Technological University
- Lon Zaback, Chief Operating Manager – Ford Motor Company
- Douglas Gaffka, ‘Living Legends’ Design Executive (retired) – Ford Motor Company
- Mark Calcaterra, Chief Intellectual Property Council (retired) – Chrysler
- Jon Rimanelli, Chairman of Board – Detroit Aircraft Corporation
- Paul Czarnik, Chief Technology Officer – Compuware
- Lon Offenbacher, CEO & President – INTEVA Products
- Paul Silver, Global Transportation Industry Program Director – Dassault Systèmes
- Phil Borchard, Director of CATIA Design, Americas – Dassault Systèmes
- Jing Zhang, User Experience Architect – OnStar
Honorary Executive Committee Members (and previous executive award winners)
- Bob Lutz, former Vice Chairman of General Motors and executive at Ford and Chrysler
- Peter Horbury, Senior Vice President, Volvo (former Executive Director of Design, Ford Motor Company)